13 April 2007

FDA wants to regulate natural medicine

It's recently come to my attention that the FDA plans to regulate natural medicines such as herbs, vitamins, and even juice. This deeply troubles me, for if this plan were to go into action it means that we would no longer be free to choose how we heal ourselves. The FDA would be able to push conventional drugs on us even more.

I tend to stay away from the conventional medicine simply because they usually make me feel worse. For example, incense or peppermint oil can get rid of a headache rather quickly with no side-effects, while Tylenol can make you groggy. Not only that, but by using natural cures we're being very kind to our bodies.

Instead of my going any further into this topic, I want all of you to read Mike Adam's article about the topic.

Health freedom action alert: FDA attempting to regulate supplements, herbs and juices as "drugs"

I've written my state representatives and the FDA about this, and I urge you to do the same.

No comments: